Try out this simple finger experiment and follow the steps below to discover the answer to this perennial question. It's really a miracle! I was amazed when I first tried out this simple finger experiment which was written in Chinese. Below are the steps which I have translated in English for easier reading. Have fun trying this out!
1. Put your palms together and bend in your middle finger as shown in the picture below. Rest the remaining four fingers on their fingertips.
2. Take note that during this experiment, only one pair of fingertips should be separate at any one time. In this experiment, the middle finger represents yourself.
3. Now, separate your thumbs from one another. The thumbs represent our parents. The fact that our thumbs could separate from one another represents that our parents will leave us one day inevitably.
4. Next, join your thumbs together again and separate your second fingers. The second fingers represent our siblings. When our siblings grow up and set up their own families, they too, will leave us one day.
5. Now, join your second fingers together again and separate your little fingers. The little fingers represent our children. When our children will grow up, they will eventually lead their own lives and leave us too.
6. Nonetheless, join your little fingers and try to separate your fourth fingers. You will be surprised that this pair of fingers will not separate. The fourth fingers represent husband and wife. Through thick and thin, your spouse and life partner will always be the one who sticks with you.
It's so touching isn't it?